Tuesday, March 29, 2011

A little Spring, A little Minnie

A few weeks ago I picked up some plain tshirts really cheap at Gymboree with plans to applique on them.  Saturday Jillian and I hit Hancock fabric to look for some fabric to go with them.  I knew I wanted to use one of them to make an Easter shirt and skirt and I wanted to find something cute to go with the other shirt so I could make a Minnie Mouse shirt for our upcoming trip to Disney World (shhh.... Jillian doesn't know about it, we will be going in November). 

Here is what I came up with.




To make this shirt I used Made's Market Skirt tutorial and the applique design is by Planet Applique.  I am thinking about adding some light blue (it's hard to see in the picture but the leaves are blue and green) pockets to the front of the skirt but I'm afraid to mess it up! 




For the Minnie Mouse outfit I wanted something "different" so I didn't go for the typical red, white and black, I think Jillian might wear this one of the days we visit Epcot.  For the skirt I used Made's Circle Skirt tutorial and I got the applique design from Bows and Clothes.

Don't forget, you still have two days left to enter my giveaway!!!!   Check it out! 

3 comments:

Lesli said...

I love these. Adorable!

Hi - it's Lesli from Put A Little Umbrella In Your Drink! I love your blog. So you have been awarded The Stylish Blogger Award by me! Check it out!

http://leslislittleumbrella.blogspot.com/2011/03/stylish-blogger-award-who-me.html

Pati @ A Crafty Escape said...

Beautiful outfits! What a lucky girl! I made a minnie outfit for my daughter (http://acraftyescape.blogspot.com/2010/03/minnie-mouse-outfit-redux.html) last year and she got tons of compliments wearing it around the parks :)

Suze said...

Love the outfits :)

Post a Comment