Monday, March 7, 2011

Easter Egg Wreath

I had an idea to make a wreath with plastic eggs and after I googled it I found several ideas I like but I really liked  this blog post with a tutorial and thought I would give it a try! I hope you like my wreath and it inspires you to make one! 


I started out by cutting a cardboard ring to be the base of my wreath.



I purchased my eggs at the dollar tree, I ended up using 4 packs of 18. 

I just glued the eggs on in the pattern I liked.






After I glued all my eggs in place it was time to add the Easter grass! I took a clump of grass and put hot glue on the end and stuck it into place with a pencil.  This step was pretty messy.  After I would do some I would trim the grass and use it again until I filled all my holes.  I also glued grass around the outside of the wreath where the cardboard would show



After I had all the grass in place and trimmed I started on my bow. 

I'm not 100% sure I like this bow, what do you think?  I'm thinking I might get some different ribbon that isn't as transparent and make another.  Also, do you think it's too big????

I used my handy Bowdabra to make the bow (do you like my pajama pants?). 





Now it's time to hand the wreath!  I just used a piece of the same ribbon I used to make the bow and tied a knot in the back.


Then I hot glued the bow onto the front corner of the wreath..... be honest, what do you think of the bow?



And now for the final product!



Updated 3/10 - I decided to change the bow out, what do you think of the new one???


11 comments:

Alyse said...

Love it and I love the new blog! I agree though...the bow is missing something. I think its the fact that its sheer.

Stephanie McDonnell said...

Beautiful wreath!
I'm stopping by to support all those from the Spring Fling. I'm following you now. So great to meet you!

www.luxeboulevard.blogspot.com
Join us for Throwback Thursday parties and Fashion Fridays.

Willefam said...

I LOVE IT!!! I agree that maybe the bow is a little sheer for the bright eggs but I love it!!

I'm your newest follower:)

Delina
dewthis.blogspot.com

Jamie said...

Thanks Delina!

I actually bought some new ribbon last night, we'll see if I like that better!

I'm headed to check out your blog now!

Screaming Sardine said...

I love this! It's so colorful and pretty. I also like that you used cardboard as a wreath form. I use a lot of cardboard in my crafts. :)

Cheers,
Tracy http://allthumbscrafts.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Thanks for linking to our Sweet Links Party!!! Please join us again next Wednesday! Smiles~ Noelle

Angell said...

So Cute!!

I featured it on my other blog at Celebrations and Holidays.

Here's the link:
http://celebrationsandholidays.blogspot.com/2011/03/easter-egg-wreath-by-two-plus-jilly.html

Amy @ Increasingly Domestic said...

This is super cute! I love the grass sticking out of all the eggs.

Kaysi @ Keeping it Simple said...

I love how yours turned out!! So cute!

Anonymous said...

So cute! And I think it would look just as cute even without a bow at all. Love it love it!

Jamie said...

I just saw this, thanks for the tutorial. I love the new bow, its cute!

Post a Comment