Monday, January 31, 2011

Shaggy Farbic Heart Wreath


I wanted to make something for the upcoming Valentine's Day holiday for our front door so Jillian and I headed to Hobby Lobby yesterday.  I didn't want to spend too much money so I wanted something either cheap or something I could use supplies I already had at home.  Walking through the wreath isle we came across this neat heart shaped wreath form, it was only $1.99 so we couldn't pass it up!  I knew I had PLENTY of fabric at home so this was a very affordable project.



I started by cutting my fabric into strips, I chose to use my pinking shears (cuts with a zig-zag cut) but regular scissors would work just fine.  I cut each strip about an inch wide by five inches long. 


Now it's time to start tying! The whole wreath is made by tying knots in the fabric around the wreath!



The wreath I bought had three rows of wire that I could tie the fabric onto but I decide to just use the top and bottom rows.


0 comments:

Post a Comment