Saturday, January 29, 2011

Heart Crayons

This year I have decided to make Jillian's Valentine's for her class.  I'm planning to make a two part Valentine, part to eat and part to play with.  Today we made the part to play with.

This was a great project for Jillian and I to work on together and she really enjoyed it!

First thing you will need is some type of mold.  I found my mini-heart shaped molds in the dollar section at target but I've seen many different shapes molds at different places (dollar tree has some sea animal shaped molds). 


Next you either need to go through your stash of broken crayons or you can just use new ones, whatever you prefer! 


I took the new crayons and scored the wrapper with a knife to make the paper come of easier.  Jillian's job was to peal the paper off each crayon. 


Once all the crayons are pealed you then break them into small pieces and fill the wells of the molds with the pieces.  You could do all the same color in the well or like us, mix different color combinations.


Preheat your oven to 250 and place the molds on a cookie sheet.  You then melt the crayons in the oven for around 10 minutes. 


Once the crayons are all melted take them out and let them cool and harden back up.  I left ours in the molds for about an hour before I popped them out!


I hope Jillian's friends love the crayons as much as she does, she has already taken over several of them!




0 comments:

Post a Comment