Saturday, January 22, 2011

Mini-Lasagna

While browsing recipes online I found this neat recipe for Mini-Lasagna on Can You Stay For Dinner .  When I made the lasagna I made a few changes to the recipe and I thought someone would like me version. 

Mini-Lasagna

Makes 12 servings

1 pound raw ground beef
¼ tsp salt, divided
¼ tsp pepper
5 oz (half a bag) of frozen chopped onions
20 oz can crushed tomatoes
2 tbsp minced garlic
3 tsp dried oregano, divided
½ tsp dried basil
1 ½ cups part skim ricotta cheese
24 small square wonton wrappers (the kind near the tofu in the refrigerated section of the produce dept)
1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese




Preheat oven to 375ºF.

In a large skillet brown the ground beef along with the onions, salt & pepper.  Once cooked drain off any fat.  Add the garlic, crushed tomatoes and 2 tsp of oregano.  Bring the pan to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.



In a bowl, combine the ricotta cheese, a pinch or salt and pepper, the remaining teaspoon of oregano and the basil.  Mix well.



Coat a 12 cup muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray.  Place 1 wonton wrapper into each of the cups, pressing firmly into the bottom and sides. 



Using half of the ricotta mixture, divide it among the 12 muffin cups. Next, using half of the beef tomato sauce, spoon it evenly over each of the ricotta filled cups. Sprinkle with 2 tsp of mozzarella.



Gently press another wonton wrapper on top of the mozzarella layer. My wonton wrappers were pretty large so for this step I cut one wrapper into fourths so that each square fit right into the cup. 



Repeat the process by distributing the remaining ricotta, then the remaining tomato sauce, and finally the rest of the shredded mozzarella.



Bake for 10 minutes, or until the cheese has melted.



Let the cups cool, remove them from the pan, and serve!







4 comments:

Cara said...

these look yummy!! I am definatly gonna try it next week while I am off all week!!

Omaloriann said...

those look delish Jamie! I'm gonna have to try this & freeze singler serve portions in my new house :) Thanks for sharing.

Jamie said...

Thanks ladies! These were VERY yummy and two of them STUFFED me!

Lori- I think it would be a great meal to freeze!

Unknown said...

These look great!

Post a Comment