Sunday, April 10, 2011

Buffalo Chicken Dip

Have you seen Velveeta's new Spicy Buffalo Cheese? I spotted it when we went to the grocery store last week and decided to try it out.  If you decide to pick some up there is a coupon out right now for $1 off!


There are recipes on the inside of the box for a few different things, I decided to try the Buffalo Chicken Dip.  We don't like celery so we left that off.  For the shredded cooked chicken I just used a whole rotisserie I had bought a publix.  I used some of the chicken for this and the rest for chicken chimichangas (I will be sharing those later this week)!

1 lb. (16 oz.) VELVEETA Spicy Buffalo Pasteurized Prepared Cheese Product, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
   1/4 cup Sour Cream
   1 cup shredded cooked chicken breast
   1 stalk celery, chopped

MICROWAVE first 3 ingredients in large microwaveable bowl on HIGH 3 min. or until VELVEETA is completely melted, stirring after 1-1/2 min.

STIR in remaining ingredient.

After I mixed this all up and melted it I decided that it needed a little more chicken so I added a little more.  One thing that happened was after it was out of the microwave just a few minutes it REALLY thickened up (the chips would break when we would try and dip) so if I made this again I would probably add a little milk to thin it up some.  Michael and I both decided this really doesn't taste like Buffalo dip, just a spicy cheese but it was pretty good.




 

0 comments:

Post a Comment